Saint Pius X Catholic High School
Emergency evacuation procedure for examinations
If the fire alarm is activated during an exam the following procedures will be followed.
Students will continue with their examination unless told otherwise.
In the event of an emergency invigilators will:
- instruct students to stop their examination and ask them to close their answer booklets
- make a note of the time.
- collect the attendance register (in order to ensure all students are present).
- evacuate the examination room in line with the instructions given.
- make sure that the students are supervised as closely as possible while they are out of the examination room.
- allow the students the full working time set for the examination.
- make a full report of the incident and of the action taken, and send to the relevant examination board.