GENERAL INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS
Arriving for the exam
- Be Prompt! Morning examinations start at 9.15am and afternoon examinations start at 1.30pm.
- Morning exams – sign in in the foyer on arrival.
- Afternoon exams – sign in in the foyer no later than 1.15pm.
What to bring
- Do not bring any items into the examination room with an electronic communication/storage device or digital facility. This includes your mobile phones, and any other smart devices including watches – Normal watches can be taken in to the examination hall but must be place on your desk.
- You must NOT bring unauthorised materials into the examination hall.
- If you are found in possession of any unauthorised materials, you may be disqualified from the examination by the examination board.
- Your pen must be BLACK for all examinations.
- Only CLEAR pencil cases will be allowed and you should not use gel pens, correction fluid or highlighters on your answer paper.
- Please ensure that you bring the correct equipment into your examination. EXAM KITS CAN BE PURCHASED AND REMAIN IN SCHOOL FOR ALL EXAMS – SEE MISS YOUNG OR MRS BROWN.
- Bottled water with a spill proof cap will be allowed in the examination room. There must be no labels on the bottle.
What to wear
- School uniform must be worn for all examinations.
Conduct in the examination room
- No talking or communication is permitted once in the examination room.
- If you have any questions you should raise your hand once seated and an invigilator will come to you.
- Any other communication will be treated as misconduct and you will be reported to the examination board; this could lead to disqualification.
- Please remember that the invigilators are there to ensure that your exam runs smoothly and in accordance with the rules and regulations set by the Joint Council of Qualifications (JCQ).
IF YOU THINK YOU ARE GOING TO BE LATE FOR ANY EXAM DUE TO TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS PLEASE CONTACT SCHOOL.
ANY ABSENCE FROM A TIMETABLED EXAMINATION WILL REQUIRE A DOCTOR’S NOTE