The school rules are:
These three easy rules can be applied to all aspects of your child’s education.
Students need to be READY to learn, be RESPECTFUL of other students, teachers, staff and the environment and be RESPONSIBLE for their learning, achievement and behaviour.
Pastoral Managers will look after the day to day welfare of students.
Student Managers will be focusing on key groups of students in order to raise their attainment.
Mr Coefield (Student Manager)
Mr Slade(Student Manager)
Mr McGee (Student Manager)
WHO TO CONTACT
In relation to a subject or attainment concern please contact the subject teacher or the head of department. If you are unsure who this is, the school office will direct you to the correct person.
In relation to any other concerns, please speak to the Pastoral Managers or Student Managers.
If you have any concerns about the safety or well-being of your child please contact Mrs. Yates, Assistant Headteacher or Mrs. Dixon, Assistant Headteacher.
BEHAVIOUR 4 LEARNING
Saint Pius has very high expectations of our students in and out of class.
Students need to arrive ready to learn
- On the desk every lesson they need out their pencil case with pen, pencil, ruler, rubber and calculator.
- Students must engage actively in their lesson.
- Significant disruption to learning will result in an after school detention.
Additional sanctions used to maintain good behaviour and allowing others to learn:
- Subject detention.
- Pastoral detentions.
For extreme and/or sustained unacceptable behaviour the following sanctions will be used:
- Internal exclusions at Saint Pius and at our partnership schools.
- Fixed term exclusions.
Whole school rewards
- Names on the board
- Phone calls home / Texts home
- Postcards home
- In addition, subjects have an array of subject specific rewards.