LOOK WHAT'S ON THE MENU AT SPX
Our new lunchtime menu was launched in April 2018. Please see the following attachments for details of all our options which include the mid morning break selection, baguettes, paninis, hot fillings and wraps, home bakes, pizzas, healthy options as well as main meal options.
Free School Meals
Saint Pius X Catholic High School wants to reassure you that there is no stigma to taking up a Free School Meal. We operate a cashless system which means that it is impossible to differentiate between students on free school meals and those who aren’t. If you think you are entitled and would like to apply for Free School Meals please click the link below or alternatively a paper application can be obtained from the school reception.
Do You Qualify?
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Your child may also get free school meals if you get any of these benefits and your child is both:
- younger than the compulsory age for starting school
- in full-time education
If your child is eligible for free school meals, they’ll remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they’re in on 31 March 2022.
Click below to find out about free school meals (external Link)