The School Uniform
A high standard of appearance indicates a positive and orderly approach to school life. It demonstrates conformity to school discipline and recognition that attendance at school is separate from social life; this ensures a proper attitude to, and a sharper focus on, work.
Please note that items of clothing bought from the uniform section of shops is not necessarily appropriate for our school.
The final decision regarding suitability for school will be made by the Assistant Head teacher. If a student is not dressed in correct school uniform they may be kept in isolation or sent home to get changed
Additional items which are not part of the school uniform may be confiscated and returned at the end of the day.
Care of Property
Students are responsible for the care of their own property in school; any losses should be reported immediately. All students’ belongings should be labelled clearly.
We acknowledge, that in an emergency, a student may need a mobile phone. Students are therefore allowed to bring them to school. However, they are NOT allowed to use them during the school day and must keep them in their bags. Misuse during the school day will lead to confiscation.
Hair and Make up
- Hair must not be dyed an unnatural colour either fully or in sections.
- Hair or eyebrows must not have patterns or cuts shaved into them.
- If students wear makeup it must be discreet. Students will be asked to remove excessive makeup.
- Students are not allowed to wear nail varnish or false nails.
- Students are not allowed to wear caps.
- Students may wear a watch and a small plain cross or crucifix or other small religious symbol
- Students may wear one pair of small stud earrings and must be able to be removed for Physical Education
- Facial piercings are not allowed.
All uniform including PE can be purchased from Pinders
- School badge should be purchased from the school library.
- Blazers should be worn to and from school and at all times during the school day.
- Hoodies, coloured jackets, tops, sweatshirts or crew neck jumpers must not be worn at any time in school.
- A suitable outdoor coat may be worn on top of the blazer if required, but must be removed once the student enters the classroom.
Black jumper or cardigan
- Must be V-necked and the tie must be visible.
- Must have long sleeves.
- Should not extend below the blazer.
White long or short-sleeved shirt or blouse
- Must be long enough to tuck into trousers or skirt and must be tucked in at all times.
- Must button up to the neck.
Plain black trousers / skirt
- Trousers and skirts should be plain, and have no adornments; rivets or decorative zips.
- Skirts should be of knee length and not jersey tube skirts.
- If tights are worn they should be plain black.
- Trousers should be tailored, not tight fitting or cropped.
- Jeans, cords, chinos, jeggings, leggings, cargo trousers, and tracksuit bottoms are not allowed.
- Shoes must be completely black, low heeled and have no obvious logos.
- Sandals and canvas and Vivienne Westwood style shoes are not allowed.
- Ugg style or wellington type boots are not allowed.
- If boots are worn trousers must be worn over the top of them.
- Shoes must be worn with black tights or full-length socks not trainer socks.