A high standard of appearance indicates a positive and orderly approach to school life. It demonstrates conformity to school discipline and recognition that attendance at school is separate from social life; this ensures a proper attitude to, and a sharper focus on, work.
Care of Property
Students are responsible for the care of their own property in school; any losses should be reported immediately.
Students are NOT allowed to use mobile phones during the school day and they must be kept in their bags. Misuse during the school day will lead to confiscation.
Hair and Make up
- Hair should be neat and tidy.
- Extremes of hair fashions are not allowed.
- Hair must not be dyed an unnatural colour, or have sections of different colours dyed into it.
- Hair or eyebrows must not have patterns or cuts shaved into them.
- Students are not allowed to wear blusher, lipstick, lip-gloss, mascara, eye shadow, or eyeliner.
- Students will be asked to remove excessive foundation or concealer.
- Students are not allowed to wear nail varnish or false nails. False nails should not be applied during term time.
- Students are not allowed to wear baseball caps.
- Students may wear a watch and a small plain cross or crucifix.
- Students may wear one pair of small stud earrings and must be able to be removed for Physical Education
- Facial piercings are not allowed.
- No other jewellery is allowed.
Black Blazer available from the uniform suppliers Pinders
- School badge should be purchased from the school library.
- Blazers should be worn to and from school and at all times during the school day.
- Hoodies, coloured jackets, tops, sweatshirts or crew neck jumpers must not be worn at any time in school.
- A suitable outdoor coat may be worn on top of the blazer if required, but must be removed once the student enters the classroom.
Black jumper or cardigan
- Must be V-necked and the tie must be visible.
- Must have long sleeves.
- Should not extend below the blazer.
White long or short-sleeved shirt or blouse
- Must be long enough to tuck into trousers or skirt and must be tucked in at all times.
- Must button up to the neck.
Plain black trousers / skirt
- Trousers and skirts should be plain, and have no adornments, no rivets or decorative zips.
- Skirts should be of an acceptable length, no more than 5 cm above the knee. If tights are worn they should be plain black or natural.
- Trousers should be tailored, not tight fitting and should cover the top of the shoes.
- Jeans, cords, chinos, jeggings, leggings, cargo trousers, and tracksuit bottoms are not allowed.
- Only plain black leather belts are allowed.
- Shoes must be completely black, low heeled and have no obvious logos.
- Sandals and canvas and Vivienne Westwood style shoes are not allowed.
- Ugg style or wellington type boots are not allowed.
- If boots are worn trousers must be worn over the top of them.
- Shoes must be worn with black tights or full-length socks not trainer socks.
All students’ belongings should be labelled clearly. Please note that items of clothing bought from the uniform section of shops is not necessarily appropriate for our school.
The final decision regarding suitability for school will be made by the Assistant Head teacher. If a student is not dressed in correct school uniform they may be kept in isolation or sent home to get changed.
Additional items which are not part of the school uniform may be confiscated and returned at the end of the school day.