Saint Pius X Our Patron Saint
Pope Pius X was the 257th leader of the Catholic faith and is our patron saint.
- His birth date is June 2, 1835.
- He was given the full name of Giuseppe Melchiorre Sarto.
- He came from a very poor household. Ever mindful of his humble origin, Pope Pius X stated, “I was born poor, I lived poor, I will die poor.”
- He was ordained a Priest on September 18th, 1858.
- He became Bishop of Mantua and later of Venice.
- As St Mark is the patron saint of Venice, Pope Pius X adopted the lion of St Mark onto his papal crest.
- He became pope on August 4th, 1910.
- He was embarrassed by some of the pomp and riches of the papal court.
- He is remembered for allowing children to receive Holy Communion.
- He died within Rome’s Apostolic Palace on August 20th, 1914.
- Pope Pius X was declared to be a Saint on 29th May 1954.
- His motto was ‘Instaurare omnia in Christo.’ ‘Restore all things in Christ’.
Giuseppe Sarto’s humble background shows that everyone even the poor can achieve greatness and reach their full potential. As Pius X, he gained his strength, his gentleness and warmth for people from his humble faith in Jesus. Let us aspire to follow him in “restoring all things in Christ,” especially the children of God whom we serve each day.
Our School Prayer
This is our school
Let peace dwell here
Let love abide here
Love of learning
Love of one another
Love of life
And love of God
We ask this through Jesus our Lord