A high standard of appearance indicates a positive and orderly approach to school life. It demonstrates conformity to school discipline and recognition that attendance at school is separate from social life; this ensures a proper attitude to, and a sharper focus on, work.
Saint Pius X Catholic High School uniform is specifically chosen so it can be purchased for most suppliers.
Please note that items of clothing bought from the uniform section of shops is not necessarily appropriate for our school. E.g. short tube skirts.
The final decision regarding suitability for school will be made by the Assistant Head teacher. If a student is not dressed in correct school uniform they may be kept in isolation or sent home to get changed.
Additional items which are not part of the school uniform may be confiscated and returned at the end of the day.
Care of Property
Students are responsible for the care of their own property in school; any losses should be reported immediately. All students’ belongings should be labelled clearly.
We acknowledge, that in an emergency, a student may need a mobile phone. Students are therefore allowed to bring them to school. However, they are NOT allowed to use them during the school day and must keep them in their bags. Misuse during the school day will lead to confiscation until the end of the school day.
Hair and Make up
- Hair is not to be dyed an unnatural colour either fully or in sections
- Hair or eyebrows are not to have patterns or cuts shaved into them
- If students wear makeup it is to be discreet. Students will be asked to remove excessive makeup
- Students are not allowed to wear nail varnish or false nails
- Students are not allowed to wear caps
- Students may wear a watch and a small plain cross or crucifix or other small religious symbol
- Students may wear one pair of small stud earrings and are able to be removed for Physical Education
- Facial piercings are not allowed
A full range of uniform is now available on the Pinders Schoolwear website but you do not need to purchase from there.
We have registered our school with 'Uniformly' which is an online marketplace that allows you to buy, sell or give away second-hand school uniform and school related items to other parents of our school.
A small selection of uniform may be available from school. Please contact school should you require this additional support.
- Blazers can be purchased with an embroidered badge from Pinders Schoolwear. Alternatively a school badge can be purchased from the school library
- Blazers are to be worn to and from school and at all times during the school day
- Hoodies, coloured jackets, tops, sweatshirts or crew neck jumpers are not be worn at any time in school
- A suitable outdoor coat may be worn on top of the blazer if required, but are to be removed once the student enters the classroom
Black jumper or cardigan - optional
- It to be V-necked and the tie must be visible
- Have long sleeves
- Should not extend below the blazer
White long or short-sleeved shirt or blouse
- Are to be long enough to tuck into trousers or skirt and must be tucked in at all times
- To be button up to the neck
Plain black trousers / skirt
- Trousers and skirts should be plain, and not have adornments; rivets or decorative zips
- Skirts should be of knee length and not jersey tube skirts
- Trousers should be tailored, not tight fitting or cropped
- Jeans, cords, chinos, jeggings, leggings, cargo trousers, and tracksuit bottoms are not allowed
- Shoes are to be completely black, low heeled and have no obvious logos
- Sandals and canvas style shoes are not allowed
- If boots are worn trousers are to be worn over the top of them
- Shoes are to be worn with black tights or full-length socks not trainer socks
Physical Education uniform
- Saint Pius X polo shirt
- Saint Pius X sweatshirt
- Saint Pius X shorts (or plain navy shorts)
- Navy football socks
- Appropriate sports trainers, clean for indoor activities
- Football boots and shin pads advised for Football and Rugby
- Black leggings for girl’s gymnastics and dance
In the event of cold weather students are encouraged to wear navy or black plain tracksuit bottoms.
- Apron to be worn every lesson
- Hair to be tied back, if long